Colonel A.J. Brasseur III is the Commander of the Office of Special Investigations
(OSI) Academy, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), Glynco,
Georgia. This Academy trains over 1,000 students annually in basic and
advanced criminal and counterintelligence investigations, protective service
operations, and technical investigative services in support of OSI’s worldwide
investigative mission. In addition to OSI facilities on the FLETC campus, the
Academy includes a Detachment co-located with the U.S. Air Force Expeditionary
Center, Fort Dix, NJ; this Detachment serves as OSI’s Counterintelligence
Colonel Brasseur was born in South Bend, Indiana, and entered the Air Force in
1999 as a distinguished graduate of the Air Force ROTC program at Indiana
University. As a career OSI Special Agent, he commanded twice at both the
squadron and detachment levels, including combat operations in Afghanistan.
Prior to his current position, the colonel was a Political-Military Planner in the Joint
Staff Directorate of Strategy, Plans and Policy, focusing on the Middle East
1999 Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and Criminal Justice, Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 Master of Arts, Human Relations, Oklahoma University, Norman, Okla.
2012 Master of Arts, Defense Decision Making and Planning, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
2018 Master of Science, National Security Strategy with Concentration in Cyber Security Leadership, National War
College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. July 1999 - August 2002, Operations Officer, OSI Detachment 601, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2. August 2002 - July 2004, Chief, Plans and Programs, AFOSI 61st Field Investigations Squadron, Osan Air Base,
3. July 2004 - May 2007, Commander, OSI Detachment 218, Beale AFB, Calif.
4. May 2007 - May 2008, Commander, OSI Expeditionary Detachment 2405, Bagram AB, Afghanistan
5. May 2008 - December 2010, Chief, OSI Officer Assignments, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. December 2010 - March 2012, Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
7. May 2012 - September 2014, Executive Officer, Headquarters OSI, Quantico, Va.
8. September 2014 - August 2016, Commander, OSI 2nd Field Investigations Squadron, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
9. August 2016 - July 2017, Commander, OSI 24th Expeditionary Field Investigations Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
10. July 2017 - June 2018, Student, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2018 – May 2020, Political-Military Planner, Directorate of Strategy, Plans and Policy (J-5), Joint Staff, the
Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. June 2020 – Present, Commander, OSI Academy, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Glynco, Ga.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2018 – May 2020, Political-Military Planner, Directorate of Strategy, Plans and Policy (J-5), Joint Staff, the
Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 3, 1999
First Lieutenant June 3, 2001
Captain June 3, 2003
Major March 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel, August 1, 2014
Colonel, August 1, 2020