The Team Leader Program (TLP) prepares FLETA assessors to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of a FLETA team leader through servant leadership. Participants will demonstrate their critical role as leaders, role models, and mentors while completing all team leader duties and expectations.
Step #1: Complete all aspects of the program.
Step #2: Serve as a team leader, under the guidance of a team leader mentor, and complete the qualification and evaluation requirements.
- Assessment Closeout
- Board Review Committee
- Managing conflict appropriately
- Transforming individuals into a team through DISC
- Communicating and developing others through Situational Leadership
Prerequisites for Attendance
FLETA team leaders exemplify the values of the FLETA process: professionalism, competence, and excellence. Team leader nominees are selected from the current, active pool of qualified FLETA assessors.
- Complete the Team Leader Application form with agency endorsement,
- Have conducted a minimum of three assessments within the previous three years, one of which may be a self-assessment for another agency,
- Be willing and able to present the assessment findings publicly before a Board Review Committee, and
- Receive approval from the Office of Accreditation Executive Director.
FLETA@fletc.dhs.gov or (912) 261-3684